The Speaking Game does not work in Ling app. How can I fix this?
Ling's Speaking game requires internet access to compare your voice with our online database, so please ensure you have a steady internet connection when using the Speaking game.
If you're still experiencing problems with the Speaking game, you can try:
- Closing the app COMPLETELY (letting the app run in the background doesn't close the app and will not resolve the issue)
- RESET your internet connection on your phone (if possible, you can reset your router as well)
- Open the app AGAIN to see if the Speaking game works
- Read the word/phrase and prepare yourself to say it aloud in your new language.
- Press the record button
- Wait for a second or two
- Say the requested word/phrase
- Wait for a moment.
- The app records what you say and sends it to a third party. The third-party transcribes it into text and then sends it back to us. We evaluate the returned text.
- The lesson will either auto complete, or you can now press the record button to receive your score.
If that doesn't work, kindly uninstall and reinstall the app to see if that fixes the problem.
If you get the message "Insufficient Permission," this either means that your Android device doesn't have the Google app installed or Microphone permission is disabled for the Google app.
If that's the case, please follow the steps below:
- Check if you have the Google app installed on your device. If not, you can install it here.
- Enable "Microphone" permission for both the Google app and the Ling app in your device Settings.
- Try the Speaking game in the Ling app again.
If you have any questions or face any issues with the app, you can contact email@example.com
. We'll get back to you within 24 hours!
At Ling, we want to unite the world by connecting people from different cultures.
How to fix insufficient permission errors in the Speaking Game
If you are experiencing issues with Ling on your Android device, it is possible that the error message you are seeing is due to a lack of the Google app or disabled microphone permission for the Google app. If you not sure what error message we are ...
Hacks to learn all 60+ languages in Ling app without buying different subscriptions
At Ling, we take pride in offering an extensive array of language courses, boasting over 60 languages, each with more than 200 lessons. For polyglots and language enthusiasts eager to immerse themselves in multiple languages simultaneously, we've got ...
There is no sound in the app. How to fix audio issues in Ling?
Ling is a language learning app that helps you learn new languages through fun and interactive exercises. One of the features of Ling-app is that you can listen to native speakers and practice your pronunciation. However, sometimes you might ...
Why is Simply Learn app not FREE?
Everyone prefers something free. For the apps that are introduced "Free", are they really free? There are many companies adding advertisements into their apps. Users will need to watch the ads during using the apps to unlock the next feature or ...
Learn 50 languages in one Simply Learn phrasebook app. Is it possible?
Yes, you can learn 50 languages with just one Simply Learn app. You can also install the app and bring it with you when traveling. Your trip can be more joyful when language barrier is no longer an issue. 1. From Home screen, tap on the flag on the ...